9.7.08

The roof

A few weeks back I went into the kitchen one morning and noticed a big hunk of my ceiling falling to the floor. No one around to help and the water kept coming so I waited for a break in the storm and climbed up there to fix it myself!!

Amazingly I figured it all out and stopped the leak!!! So proud of myself that I took care of the problem!!! Poor Kyra stood at the bottom of the ladder crying and Emma grabbed the camera to document it all just in case I fell off. She did call me my mom to tell her what we were doing and while I tried to assure her (while screaming from the roof to Emma to PLEASE TELLE NANA WE'RE OK) amazingly she showed up within 5 minutes "just to check and see if we needed anything".

Granted I can't compare to the coolness of Tanya's fort for Jack, but now I'm working on siding my house, I'll post before and after pictures when I can get the house done. I think my kids would vote for a fort over new siding anyday! Any chance we can convince Aunt Tanya to come build one for us now???

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I totally would. I didn't realize how much lumber was, until I started. But I bet I can get it cheaper there in the city. We have now added a zip line, trapdoor, and a climbing rope. I will be adding a bucket and rope so they can transfer stuff to the treehouse from the ground. But I would totally do it. It has been so much fun. I'm just waiting for the first broken bone. I wouldn't of fixed the roof I would have found a bucket. So you are braver than me.

Tanya